Where are kW, monetary and CO² savings derived from in Simulation Wizard?
OK, before we answer its worth observing that SCADAR.NET:
- Takes user settings from the user account:
- Uses kW to express power for all users and regions
- Currency as defined in the user information section of User Admin
- CO² factor as defined in the user information section of User Admin (Weight is also taken from User admin when expressing CO² savings)
- Currency CO² and weight can be changed (in User Admin) whereas the unit of power cannot be changed
- Takes equipment settings:
- From the compressor tables stored in either the global or private compressor table libraries
- From other information provided during the Audit Wizard step
- And applies hypothetical audit location information or applies actual audit location information from an associated audit
- The audit start time, end time and audit duration
- System shutdown hours
- Equipment and System utilisation
- System pressure
With the above information, Simulation Wizard then looks for variation between the RED line (Existing system) and the BLUE line (Proposed system) of any Simulation Wizard type and sub tab (Types and sub tabs are discussed elsewhere). Variation can be derived from...
- Re-ordering the equipment on the BLUE line
- Changing the pressure settings of the equipment on the BLUE line
- Removing equipment from the BLUE line
- Adding alternative equipment to the BLUE line
- Enabling Metacentre system control
- Changing the target pressure of the BLUE line
The effect of these changes derive savings expressed in kW, kW/hours, monetary savings (using the user account currency setting) and CO² savings (using the user account weight and CO² factor settings).
Positive gains are emphasized using a 'GREEN' background accents whereas Negative gains are emphasized using a 'RED' background accepts. Its also possible to highlight utilisation segments (rows) within a Simulation which will highlight both the segment and the relational area of the above graph in RED, GREEN or WHITE. WHITE reflects no gain and is normally where NO utilisation takes place. Background accents are saved when committing a Simulation report to PDF or when saving images for direct download or use in Publish Wizard.
Understanding Simulation chart results data
For each Simulation type, Simulation Wizard creates two alternative Simulation scenarios. We call these 'annual' and 'time span'. By default, Simulation Wizard displays the 'Annual' scenario. Use the 'sub-tab' icons located within the Simulation ...
Simulation Wizard - Single simulation
In Simulation Wizard SCADAR.NET Auditors can use either one supply side calculated flow or one demand side calculated flow simulation at any time. Once complete, the simulation report can be output in PDF format. More information on SCADAR can be ...
Can I use Simulation Wizard without doing an audit?
In a word, YES! Simulation Wizard provisions for both 'hypothetical' and 'real audit' scenarios. There are many benefits to this approach... If a user is unsure whether to carry out an audit, Simulation Wizard can help to establish the available ...
Simulation Wizard - Supply side & Demand side calculated flow
Simulation Wizard is where SCADAR.NET Auditors and Consultants can use either the supply or demand side calculated flow simulation feature to assess the potential energy, cost and carbon savings that could be achieved by installing Metacentre system ...
There are 4 types of Simulations... Supply side calculated flow Demand side calculated flow System inc. flow control System measured flow Each Simulation type has a dedicated icon which is referenced throughout Simulation Wizard as well as any ...