The Simulator page looks like this...
The Simulator page consists of...
- The Simulator tool bar
- The Simulation tab navigation bar
- The Simulation tool bar
- The Graph area
- The Chart area
- The text annotation area
The Simulator tool bar contains 'info, save, print PDF 'annual' simulation collection, print 'time span' simulation collection, tariff and 'toggle full screen' buttons. Consistent with other Wizards there's an information window located top right which will annunciate information messages from time to time...
- The info button toggles a popup which displays the Simulation collection name, the linked audit (if any) as well as the audit start and end time
- The save button toggles a popup that allows the user to make save selections...
- Edit the Simulation collection name
- Edit the name of each Simulation tab within the Simulation collection
- Exclude (discard) selected Simulation tab or tabs from the save action
- Save the Simulation collection
- The print PDF 'annual' simulation button toggles a popup that allows the user to make print PDF choices relating to all 'Annual' simulations contained within the Simulation collection...
- Exclude selected Simulation tab or tabs from the print action (Note: selections that are included in the print action will form part of a single PDF file)
- Optionally upload a title page image for the Simulation report PDF (e.g. your company logo)
- Edit the Simulation report PDF name
- Print the Simulation report to PDF
- The print PDF 'time span' simulation button toggles a popup that allows the user to make identical print PDF choices relating to all 'Time span' simulations contained within the Simulation collection
- The tariff button toggles a popup that displays the tariff table and permits changes that affect the average tariff used (Note: SCADAR uses an average tariff in monetary calculations which is derived from the tariff table)
- The toggle full screen button offers the user the option to toggle between a screen contained within a browser (initial) web page or full screen (Note: full screen mode offers significantly more SCADAR application 'screen real estate'. SCADAR recommends users to toggle 'full screen' for a better SCADAR experience!)
The Simulation tab navigation bar consists of 5 buttons (from left to right)...
- Add an additional simulation to the Simulation collection
- Navigate to first Simulation tab
- Navigate left
- Navigate right
- Navigate to last Simulation tab
The Simulation tool bar (shown below with the Simulation tab navigation bar above):
The Simulation tool bar consists of equipment icons and selection buttons placed in a 'two row' arrangement. The two row arrangement provides for a RED 'before' and BLUE 'after' simulation display...
- When a user first lands on the Simulator page, the RED line may or may not be populated with equipment icons (shown above)...
- If the Simulation is not linked to an audit, a + button will display allowing the user to create an equipment configuration from equipment contained in the library...
- If the audit is linked to an audit, the equipment configuration audited will display (shown above)
- When a user first lands on the Simulator page, the BLUE line will not be populated with equipment icons. Users can choose to 'Lock & copy' the equipment configuration from the RED line onto the BLUE line or use the + button to create a new / alternative equipment configuration for the BLUE line
- When a user copies the RED line to the BLUE line, the RED line is locked!
- To re-edit the RED line, use the 'lock & copy' button to go back
- Equipment icons on the RED line may or may not be re-ordered. This feature aims to preserve the integrity of known audit data... When a Simulation is linked to an audit and the high and low pressure set-points for 'all equipment' was entered (i.e. actual or known pressure set-point information) during the Audit Wizard step, the equipment icons cannot be re-ordered! If equipment icons can be re-ordered (equipment pressure set-points are either not known or is incomplete) simply drag and drop the equipment icons as required...
- If equipment pressure set-points are not known, SCADAR assumes target system pressure is a nominal 6 BAR (or PSI equivalent) and also assumes the compressor cascade configuration. This can be edited!
- Select the respective air compressor and edit its pressure set-points and save changes...
The equipment icon popup features delete and include / exclude buttons, When grayed out these buttons cannot be used (e.g. shown above, the delete and include / exclude icons are grayed out to preserve the integrity of known audit data)
Similarly and as discussed earlier, if the equipment pressure set-points are known (entered during the Audit Wizard step) the pressure set-point fields will be grayed out!
- The target system pressure on the RED line will equal the lower pressure set point of the last compressor in the pressure cascade
- There's a pressure unit indicator on the right side
- Complete configuration of the RED line before proceeding to edit the BLUE line! Once a user either 'locks and copies' the RED line to the BLUE line or the user begins adding equipment to the BLUE line, no further edits to the RED line are permitted!
The Simulation tool bar with the RED line copied to the BLUE line...
Further notes relational to configuration of the BLUE line...
- You can re-order equipment
- You can edit compressor pressure set-points
- You can include or exclude equipment from the Simulation tab
- You can permanently delete equipment from the Simulation tab
- You can add alternative equipment to the Simulation tab
- Add alternative equipment to the Simulation tabfrom the library...
- You can enable Metacentre system control...
- With Metacentre system control enabled, you can adjust the target system pressure (e.g. adjust down)
The Graph area displays 'RED' specific efficiency, 'BLUE' specific efficiency as well as annual utilisation (discussed elsewhere) and the before and after pressure. The legend can be used to include or exclude legend items from the display. Hovering over graph elements will display additional graph properties (e.g. RED System pressure shown for the third compressor in the cascade displayed)
- Give the Graph image a name (default name shown)
- Save the Graph image to the users data management folder on the SCADAR server or
- Download the image to your device (e.g. PC)
- Annual utilisation %
- For Simualtions that are not linked to an audit the 'Annual utilisation' is an assumption
- For Simulations that are linked to an audit the 'Annual utilisation' is derived from the audit data
- For practical reasons, Annual utilisation is grouped into segments of 10% starting with 0 - 10% and ending with 90 - 100%
- Annual utilisation hours
- Utilisation hours is relational to utilisation %
- Utilisation hours can be edited
- Use the padlock to unlock the hour values for edit
- Edit as necessary
- Observe that the total must equal 8760 hours (or 1 year)
- Utilisation + Running off load + Stopped + System shutdown = 8760
- For Simulations that are linked to an audit, 'System shutdown hours' is taken from Audit Wizard - Step 3 'configure site and energy information'
- kW relational to flow (RED)
- kW relational to flow (BLUE)
- kW savings (RED - BLUE)
- kW savings - annual (RED - BLUE)
- Monetary savings - annual (RED - BLUE)
Column icon & padlock button
- 0 - 10%, ...
- 90 - 100%
- System off load running hours
- System topped hours
- System shutdown hours
- Summary Simulation totals for RED energy, BLUE energy as well as energy, cost & CO2 savings